There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end leads to death.Death is coming to us all.
Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don't drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups. You need firsthand evidence, not mere hearsay, that Jesus Christ is in you. Test it out. If you fail the test, do something about it. 2 Corinthian 13:5 9 (msg)
Matthew 7:21 (NIV) "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
- You cannot pinpoint a specific time you made a commitment to following Christ.
- You rarely think on spiritual matters.
- If you hear a sermon, you really don't 'get' anything out of it.
- Praying and reading your Bible are not something you do.
- You are not particularly thrilled about going Home to Heaven and think you may not like it.
- You have a fear of dying.
- You identify yourself as a Christian, but intellectually, not really sure if it all makes sense.
- There is nothing deep within that draws you, speaks to you, or encourages you.
Many claim to KNOW Christ. But does He know you? Are you 100% sure you are saved?
Ephesians 2:8-9 (esv)
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast.
What are the marks of a true Christian?
- Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it.
- Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good.
- Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.
- Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame.
- Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant.
- Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder.
- Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.
- Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath.
- Laugh with your happy friends when they're happy; share tears when they're down.
- Get along with each other; don't be stuck-up.
- Make friends with nobodies; don't be the great somebody.
- Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone.
- If you've got it in you, get along with everybody.
- Don't insist on getting even; that's not for you to do. "I'll do the judging," says God.
- Our Scriptures tell us that if you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he's thirsty, get him a drink.
- Your generosity will surprise him with goodness.
- Don't let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good.
When the end comes, there is only one person to blame if you miss your flight to Heaven. Its you. No one else can make that decision.
Which road are you on? Are you sure?